How to Make Witches Hats
- 1Unwrap the Hershey Kisses, and set them aside.
- 2Add the entire container of vanilla frosting into a bowl, and stir it with a spoon.
- 3Add the 8 drops of food coloring to the frosting, and mix it in well with the spoon, then add the 8 drops of yellow food coloring, and mix it in well with the spoon. You will have a pretty orange colored frosting.
- 4Unwrap cookies in package, and taking one cookie at a time, hold the chocolate flat side of the cookie (facing upward) in hand.
- 5Using a small spoon or the tip of a butter knife, apply a small amount of frosting in the middle of the cookie. (The frosting should cover the center hole of the cookie.) A tiny bit of the frosting will poke through the other side of the cookie, but that's ok, you won't really noticed that little bit of frosting peeking through.
- 6Apply the chocolate kiss in the center of the frosting, and push it down lightly onto the flat side of the cookie, just till you see the frosting spreading out just a bit underneath the chocolate kiss.
- 7I placed the cookies onto a large jelly roll pan for several hours, so the frosting will become a bit more dry, and to allow the chocolate kiss to adhere to the frosting. (If desired, you could line the jelly roll pan with wax paper before placing cookies onto pan. It also makes it easier for cleaning up afterwards.)
- 8Store cookies side-by-side in a container, and cover with a lid. (There's no need to refrigerate the cookies.)
- 9*Note: You may have noticed there will be plenty of the orange frosting leftover. You can either double the above recipe (except for the frosting),to make 64 witch hat cookies, or apply the frosting between graham crackers to make another kind of cookie, or use it to frost a one layer cake or some cupcakes.