Virginia's Molasses Cookies- Recipe 100 Years Old
3/4 cshortening, i use 1 stick margarine and 1/2 stick butter
1/4 cheaping, molasses
2 tspbaking soda
2 1/4 cflour
3/4 tspground cloves
1/2 tspground ginger
How to Make Virginia's Molasses Cookies- Recipe 100 Years Old
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses; blend well.
- Add egg and beat until smooth. Sift together flour, soda, salt and spices and mix together with wet ingredients.
- Form into 1" balls; roll in sugar.
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a juice glass dipped in sugar. Place 2" apart on well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. (Watch first batch closely as my oven runs a little hot.) Remove immediately and cool on toweling or wire racks.