Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms
1/4 cnondairy shortening or soft coconut oil
1/3 cpeanut butter
1/3 cbrown sugar
1/4 tspbaking powder
1-1/2 Tbspcoconut milk or almond milk
3/4 tsppure vanilla extract
3/4 call-purpose flour
1/4 csea salt
2 Tbspraw cane sugar or crystallized honey
18nondairy chocolate pieces
How to Make Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat nondairy shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl, and add ⅓ cup sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add nondairy milk and vanilla, beating well.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt and then beat the dry mixture slowly into the peanut butter mixture. Add an additional 2 tablespoons of flour if dough is too sticky.
- Shape dough into 1 to 2” balls, then roll in raw sugar or crystallized honey. Place the cookies a few inches apart on parchment-lined or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate button or vegan candy into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack, then remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and enjoy.