Vanilla Meringue Cookies
How to Make Vanilla Meringue Cookies
- 1Get out your mixer unless you have the strongest arm in the world. In that case, get out a whisk. Put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- 2When you are separating your eggs, make sure that NO egg yolk touches the white. The fat in the egg yolk will cause the white to deflate. No one wants flat meringues!
- 3Beat together the egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla, until soft peaks form.
- 4Gradually add the 1/2 cup of sugar and continue to beat until firm peaks form.
- 5Now, you have choices:
A. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the cookie sheet in the shape of little mounds.
B. Use spoons to transfer the batter onto the cookie sheet in the shape of little blobs,
C. Use a decorator or a pastry bag (I chose decorator) to squeeze the batter onto the cookie sheet in the shape of little sea creatures.
- 6Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy. If you pick them up when they are still hot, they may crumble, so try to resist the temptation.