Ultra Low Carb Lemon Almond Shortbread Cookies
Recipe and photo from Diabetic Connect.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener (splenda, ideal, swerve, etc.)
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
How to Make Ultra Low Carb Lemon Almond Shortbread Cookies
- 1Melt the butter in the microwave or a small saucepan. Add the almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest, stirring until fully combined.
- 2To make the cookies:
- 3Form dough (it will be crumbly, this is normal) into a cylinder and wrap tightly with plastic wrap to compress. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm, or in the refrigerator for 2 hours. With a sharp knife, slice into 1/2 inch thick cookies (if they crumble apart your dough isn’t cold enough). Bake in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees (F) on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Allow to cool before removing.
- 4To make a tart or pie crust:
- 5No need to pre-chill, just press dough into tart or pie tins. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (F) for 15 mins until firm and golden brown.
- 6****Nutritional Facts
Calories - 119
Carbohydrates - 1.6g
Total Fat - 11g
Protein - 3g