Tres Leches Pumpkin Pie Squares
This makes a lot, a jelly roll pan full so make this for a crowd or put into smaller pans and freeze. Tips for this in the directions. :o)
I hope you enjoy it as much as my loved ones do!
Don't let all the directions scare you...it is super easy!!! I just wanted to add helpful hints.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Woohoo... a pecan crust! These delightful squares are so delicious that they're sure to cause smiles a'plenty. The Test Kitchen
- 3 c
- 3 stick
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped
- 3 - 15 oz can(s)
- 100% pumpkin
- 1 - 12 oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 - 14 oz can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream or whipping cream
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 c
- corn starch
- 3 c
- whipping cream
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- instant white chocolate pudding mix, optional
How to Make Tres Leches Pumpkin Pie Squares
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray or lightly wipe down with vegtable oil on a paper towel, an 11x17 pan.
- 3While crust is baking, combine filling ingredients in large bowl mixing well with mixer. Pour over hot baked crust and bake 35-45 minutes until center is no longer jiggly.
*Don't be alarmed if it don't all fit in the pan, just quick spray a casserole dish and pour remaing into it, no crust needed, and bake, not for as long probably so watch it. And then you'll have a little to sample too. :o) I don't know why sometimes this all fits in the pan and sometimes it don't...I'm guessing the amount of pumpkin per can or the size of the eggs even???
Remove from oven to cool. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 4When totally cool or ready to serve, in a medium to large bowl, with mixer on medium, beat cream and powdered sugar until it just starts to thicken. Then add pudding mix and beat on high until stiff peaks form. The pudding mix will hold the whipped cream together and can be made up to two days before serving.
At this point you can either spread the topping over the bars before cutting or top each piece individually.
- 5*VERY HELPFUL HINT: When you pour the pumpkin mixture over the crust, place your pan on the oven rack to do this...or you will spill all the way to the oven.
*If you prefer fresh whipped cream omit the pudding and prepare up to an hour before serving.
*This can be divided between 4 - 8x8 pans or 2 - 9x13 pans instead of using 1 - 11x17 pan, as well. It freezes (without whipped cream) very well, place in frig to thaw the day before it's needed.
*Or...You could easliy half this recipe too and use 1 - 9x13 pan. I just hate when I have left over evap milk and sweet cond milk :o)