☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cunsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cgranulated sugar
11/4 corange juice, fresh
1 tsplemon zest, grated
1 Tbspground cinnamon
2 call purpose flour
9 ozhazelnuts, coarsely chopped
How to Make Totenbeinli (Swiss Hazelnut Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then stir in the orange juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the flour and hazelnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Form into 1/2 inch by 3 inch sticks, and place onto a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake until brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.