I highly recommend using parchment paper on all cookie sheets because it prevents burning the bottoms.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then remove to racks or parchment paper to cool completely.