The Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
At the bottom of the recipie it says from the Silver Palate Cookbook.
These also are a softer cookie.
3/4 cbutter flavored crisco
1 1/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla
3 cquaker quick oats, not instant or old fashioned
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1 cchopped walnuts, optional
How to Make The Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Cream together the Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.Beat at med speed until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine oats, flour mixture and cinnamon.
- Stir in raisins, and nuts if using them.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.