Texas Tumbleweed Candy
My Blog-Ma's Aprong Strings: masapronstrings.blogspot.com
- 1 pkg
- almond bark or white chocolate waffers (12 oz.)
- 1 c
- butterscotch chips (6 oz.)
- 16 oz
- dry roasted peanuts
- 3 c
- potato stix (4 oz.)
How to Make Texas Tumbleweed Candy
- 1In a microwave oven or in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt the bark and the chips together. Stir with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to combine.
- 2Mix in the nuts and potato sticks, adding additional potato sticks if desired.
- 3Drop by the spoonful onto waxed paper and cool completely.
- 4Store the in an airtight container.
- 5Options: You can use whatever flavor chocolates you like. Try swapping out the butterscotch for peanut butter. Or change from white chocolate to milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Try using a different nut. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.