Tatus (Italian Chocolate Cookies)
5 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder, rounded
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspclove, ground
1 cpecans, chopped
1 1/4 cvegetable shortening
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 can(s)(16 ounces) hershey's chocolate syrup
How to Make Tatus (Italian Chocolate Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat eggs. Add shortening and sugar, mix until combined. Add chocolate syrup and beat until smooth. Incorporate dry ingredients and stir just until combined. (Do not over-mix).
- Refrigerate dough for about an hour to reduce stickiness and make it easier to roll.
- Roll into small balls (about 1 inch) and bake for 8 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Once cooled, dip tops in glaze made of confectioners' sugar and milk (sorry, I never measure this) and allow to dry completely.