Sweet Cherry Bon Bon Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 3/4 c
- sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- food coloring, if desired
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/8 tsp
- bon bon icing
- chopped nuts, coconut, colored sugar
CANDIED OR MARASCHINO CHERRIES, PITTED DATES, NUTS, OR CHOCOLATE PIECES
How to Make Sweet Cherry Bon Bon Cookies
- 1Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and food coloring. Measure by dipping method or by sifting.
- 2Blend flour and salt in thoroughly with hand. If dough is dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees. For each cookie, wrap 1 level Tablespoon dough around a filling suggested above.
- 4Bake 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet 12 to 15 minutes, or until set but not brown.
- 5Cool dip tops of cookies in Icing. Decorate each cookie with one of the toppings suggested above. Makes 20 to 25 cookies.
- 6Bon Bon Icing: Mix 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons cream or milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and red, green, or yellow food coloring, if desired.
- 7Chocolate Bon Bon Icing: Make Bon Bon Icing (above) - except add square unsweetened chocolate (1 oz.), melted and use ¼ cup cream or milk.
- 8Penuche Bon Bon: Make Bon Bon cookies - except use ½ cup brown sugar (packed) in place of confectioners' sugar.