STREUSEL CARAMEL BARS
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
3/4 cfirmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 ccold butter
3/4 cchopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)
1 can(s)(14 oz.) eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
How to Make STREUSEL CARAMEL BARS
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and egg; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts.
- Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1/4 cup butter. Pour over prepared crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.