If you don't like fussing, then you probably will not want to do the piping of the cream cheese, but you could just spread the cream cheese on your cracker or cookie.
For our pig roast I made some chocolate rectangular shaped cupcakes, shaved off the rounded part on top, and proceded like in the cookies. The only thing I added was because they were bigger was the strawberry fan on each one.
I was also thinking how cute to have a single layer heart shaped cake, cream cheese piped around the outside top, and the strawberries inside the cream cheese corral.
One other thing, do not make these too far in advance. If you use the Ritz crackers they will become soft after a few hours.
- 28 large
- brown sugar cinnamon ritz crackers, or any cookie you like
- 10 oz
- packge frozen strawberries, thawed, juice saved
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- kirsch, optional, more or less to your taste
- 8 oz
- strawberry cream cheese spread
- 1/3 c
- whipped cream, or cool whip
- 3 large
- fresh strawberries made in fans for garnish
To do that make several cuts in the strawberry the long way, starting on the narrow end, then spread like a fan.