Strawberry Tarts/Kidney Friendly
Calories 378.5, total fat 22.4 g, saturated fat 6.9 g, monounsaturated fat 8.3 g, polyunsaturated fat 6 g, cholesterol 23.4 mg, calcium 46.7 mg, sodium 350 mg, phosphorus 80 mg, potassium 270 mg, total carbohydrates 40 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugar 13.5 g, protein 4.4 g
- 1 package pre-rolled pie dough
- 3 oz cream cheese (fat free is good)
- 2 packets stevia (or other artificial sweetener)
- 1/2 t orange zest
- 1 t orange extract
- 16 oz package fresh strawberries
- 1/3 c sugar free strawberry preserves
How to Make Strawberry Tarts/Kidney Friendly
- 1Roll out the pie dough and use the dough to line your tart shells (you can use what ever shape tarts you have even mini muffin pans etc). Poke the dough with a fork, to in ordxer to keep it from bubbling while baking it. Bake in a pre–heated 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. (the time depends on the size of the tart shells you choose to use) Let cool until tarts are room temp.
- 2Whip cream cheese, extract, zest and sweetener together until easy to spread. Now carefully spread the mixture over the bottom of the tart shells.
- 3Wash and dry your strawberries. Slice strawberries into thin slices and place on top of the mixture in the tarts.
- 4Now heat the preserves in a pot on the stove until melted. Brush the melted preserves over the sliced strawberries and serve.