1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 stickunsalted butter (1/2 c.)
1 cpacked light brown sugar
1/2 cfinely chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans (or try with white chocolate chips)
1 cstrawberries, fresh, hulled and quartered (or use fresh raspberries)
How to Make Strawberry Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil. Spray foil lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar just until moistened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing out and spreading to edges. Scatter strawberries over batter.
- Bake until set in center, about 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Lift out of pan by foil and cut into 16 bars. Serve.