Spiced Rum Pecan Cookie Balls
Maggie May Schill
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- spiced rum (or 1 teaspoon rum flavoring)
- 1 c
- pecans, processed into pieces.
- reseve a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and a few tablespoons powdered cocoa for garnish.
How to Make Spiced Rum Pecan Cookie Balls
- 1Preheat oven to 300'F
- 2In a medium mixing bowl sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together with a hand mixer.
- 4Add vanilla extract and rum to the butter sugar mixture and beat on low until smooth.
- 5Add your butter mixture to your flour mixture. Beat together until smooth. (It'll take a few minutes to incorporate until smooth. It'll seem like there isn't enough liquid at first, but there is. You just to keep mixing until the butter loosens and the dough will form smoothly.
- 6Stir in your pecan pieces until completely incorporated.
- 7Roll dough into 1 inch balls and lay out on an un-greased cookie sheet, leaving about 1 inch between each ball.
- 8Bake for about 21-25 minutes, until they are lightly golden.
- 9Cool on the cookie sheets until they are cool enough to handle. Then roll each ball in the powdered sugar, and dust tops with cocoa powder.
- 10These cookies do not freeze well, and are good for about 3-4 days in an air tight container.