Soft Sugar Cookie Bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csugar
1 cbutter, room temperature (2 sticks)
1 pkgcream cheese, room temperature (8 oz)
1 Tbspvanilla extract
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1 boxpowdered sugar (16 oz)
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Soft Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 X 15 inch back pan, or jelly roll pan, with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, it will be sticky (wetting your hands a bit helps keep more in the pan & less on your hands).
- Bake @ 350 for 20 - 25 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely. When cookies are cooled, mix together all frosting ingredients, and frost cookies. Top with colorful sprinkles, optional.