Soft Rolled Sugar Cookies
How to Make Soft Rolled Sugar Cookies
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter with sugar, until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time until blended. Add vanilla and milk, mix well, and set aside.
- 2Combine flour,salt, soda, and baking powder together in a bowl. Add dry mixture a little at a time to cream mixture. Mix until all flour is mixed in, do not over mix.
- 3Refrigerate at least 2 hours. I make my dough up a day or two in advance, and put it in a large ziplock baggie. It will roll out better if it is very chilled.
- 4Using about half of the chilled cookie dough, roll out on well floured smooth flat surface, to about 1/8 inch thickness. Dont roll too thin. Using your favorite cookie cutters dipped in flour, cut out your shapes. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes, or when edges start getting lightly browned. Cool completely. These cookies are very soft and cake like, use care when storing them in adavance of decorating . They can be frozen or refrigerated in a sealed tight container up to a couple days in advance of decorating.
- 5I use a buttercream frosting that is made with Meringue Powder (found on the Wilton Website). That way your frosting with be soft and creamy but will get a crust on it, when set to dry awhile, so you can stack them easy without the frosting gettng all messed up. These are sooooo yummy..they melt in your mouth!!