1/2 ccrisco shortening
1/2 cbutter (softened)
1 1/2 csugar
2 3/4 cflour (sifted)
2 tspcream of tartar
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make SNICKERDOODLES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a large mixing bowl mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugar and eggs
- Sift together and stir into mixture in large bowl, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Mix 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a small custard dish.
- Roll dough into balls the size of small walnuts and roll the dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned but still soft. About 10 to 12 minutes
NOTE: These cookies puff up at first and then flatten out.