I use butter and shortening. Do not use more than 50% butter!
How to Make Snickerdoodles
- Gradually stir into creamed mixture
- Cream shortening, softened butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt
- Chill dough at this point.
- I form the balls with a slightly rounded measuring teaspoon because I prefer nibbble size cookies. 1/2 tablespoon makes medium size cookies...your choice
- Roll each ball in a mixture of 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Again I do this to my own preference cuz I love cinnamon. I also place this is a plastic bag and roll 8-10 at a time.
- I bake my cookies on parchment paper - saves clean up. I cool the cookies on the cookie sheet on a rack.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes. They will be soft when you remove them but will crisp up quickly.
- My result with the bite size is I end up with 9 dozen cookies....the more to share!