Smucker's Jewel Box Cookies
I put the prep time high because the kids helping made it take longer - this is a great recipe for the them to do! And the cook time higher simply because it is actually in between the options.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cplus 2 tbs all purpose flour
1/3 csugar (splenda for sugar free)
1/2 ccrisco baking sticks butter flavor
1 largeegg yolk, beaten
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 csmucker's preserves of choice (smuckers sugar free preserves for sugar free cookies)
How to Make Smucker's Jewel Box Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until course crumbs form.
- Add beaten egg yolk, water and vanilla. Mix until dough holds together.
- Roll into small balls using half teaspoonfuls of dough. Place 1-inch apart on baking sheet. Make small indentation in center of each cookie. If the kids are helping with this step, ensure their thumb prints are large enough for the coming preserves.
- Fill each indentation with scant 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until just golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool before eating these tantalizing little treats.