Smucker's Jewel Box Cookies
I put the prep time high because the kids helping made it take longer - this is a great recipe for the them to do! And the cook time higher simply because it is actually in between the options.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 c
- plus 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- sugar (splenda for sugar free)
- 1/2 c
- crisco baking sticks butter flavor
- 1 large
- egg yolk, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- smucker's preserves of choice (smuckers sugar free preserves for sugar free cookies)
How to Make Smucker's Jewel Box Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine flour and sugar in large bowl.
- 3Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until course crumbs form.
- 4Add beaten egg yolk, water and vanilla. Mix until dough holds together.
- 5Roll into small balls using half teaspoonfuls of dough. Place 1-inch apart on baking sheet. Make small indentation in center of each cookie. If the kids are helping with this step, ensure their thumb prints are large enough for the coming preserves.
- 6Fill each indentation with scant 1/4 teaspoon preserves.
- 7Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until just golden around the edges.
- 8Allow to cool before eating these tantalizing little treats.