Sistine Chapel Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 cbutter (room temp.)
1/2 tsplemon extract
1/2 tsporange extract
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspcream of tartar
·sugar for coating
How to Make Sistine Chapel Sugar Cookies
- Using a paddle attachment, blend together first three ingredients until light and creamy. Apx 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine between each addition.
- Add vanilla, lemon, and orange extracts; beat until incorporated and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Blend well to ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Once again using your mixer, slowly combine your dry ingredients into your wet.
- To shape cookies, form two tablespoons of dough into a ball and roll in sugar to coat. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with a bit of extra sugar for good measure. Bake in a preheated oven for 14-17 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire rack.