Secret Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cunsalted butter
1/2 csolid vegetable shortening
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cquick cooking oats
1 3/4 cfrosted flakes
How to Make Secret Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Heat oven to 325*.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and shortening on low speed of a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and brown sugar, beating well at medium speed.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats and flakes.
- Drop dough with a cookie scoop onto a greased pan. (I use foil and cooking spray for this.)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to fully cool on wire racks.