Sea Salt Spritz Christmas Cookies
1 1/2 cbutter - room temp
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
3 1/2 cflour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 Tbspcoarse sea salt
How to Make Sea Salt Spritz Christmas Cookies
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients with a whisk in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until it is light and creamy with a power mixer. Add the egg, milk and extracts to butter and sugar mixture. Beat them in until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients a cup at a time and beat into wet ingredients until all dry ingredients have been added. Make sure to use a spatula to scrape any mixture that is on sides of the bowl.
- Add batter to cookie press. Use a Christmas tree disk. Press cookies on to ungreased cookie sheet. Before putting in oven, sprinkle on candy balls and green sugar for decoration to the Christmas trees. You can also roll out the dough to about a quarter of an inch thick. Then use your Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out little trees and then decorate them with colored sugars.
- Bake in oven for 12- 15 minutes. Make sure you don't over cook and let the cookies get brown. Cook just until the cookies are fully set. Take cookie sheet out and cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then remove cookies to cooling rack until completely cooled. Use the longer time if you rolled cookies instead of using the cookie press.