- 3 Tbsp
- cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 oz
- semisweet chocolate very finely chopped
- 3/4 c
- dulce de leche, warmed ( in the dessert-topping section)
- 1 qt
- coconut ice cream
How to Make Samoa Tartlets
- 1Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350^. Grease of spray a 12-cup muffin pan with butter.
Pulse the flour, 1/4 c. of the coconut, brown sugar in a food processor until combined. Add the cold butter pieces and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand with pea-sized pieces, about 5 pulses.
Put 1 heaping Tablespoon of the mixture in each muffin cup and press to make even rounds. Bake until the crusts are golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- 2Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate evenly over each crust. Turn off the oven; return the pan to the oven to melt the chocolate, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle each crust with 1 Tablespoon of the remaining coconut. Cool slightly, then freeze crusts in the pan until set, about 15 minutes.
- 3With a thin spatula, gently remove each crust from the muffin pan. Top with a small scoop of coconut ice cream, drizzle with dulce de leche and garnish with more coconut.