Russian Tea Cakes (Cookies)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1/2 c
- confectionery sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- nuts, shelled and chopped (1/2 cup each walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- cardamom, ground
How to Make Russian Tea Cakes (Cookies)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Beat Butter and sugar in bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until smooth.
- 4Add flour, nuts, vanilla and cardamom and continue mixing until a smooth paste forms (refrigerated dough will keep for two weeks).
- 5Form dough into 3/4 inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
- 6Bake for 6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 7While cookies are still hot from the oven, roll then in a dish of confectionary sugar. Cool on a rack. Store cooled cookies wrapped in plastic in an air tight container.