Russian Tea Cakes (Cookies)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 stickbutter, unsalted
1/2 cconfectionery sugar, plus more for rolling
2 call purpose flour
2 cnuts, shelled and chopped (1/2 cup each walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts)
1 tspvanilla extract
2 tspcardamom, ground
How to Make Russian Tea Cakes (Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat Butter and sugar in bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add flour, nuts, vanilla and cardamom and continue mixing until a smooth paste forms (refrigerated dough will keep for two weeks).
- Form dough into 3/4 inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- While cookies are still hot from the oven, roll then in a dish of confectionary sugar. Cool on a rack. Store cooled cookies wrapped in plastic in an air tight container.