Raspberry Crumb Bars
To make for a prettier presentation, after cutting into bars put on a decorative plate and then heat a bit of vanilla frosting so its soft enough to squeeze thru a decorating tool or plastic baggie with a corner cut diagonally. place in tool or baggie and pipe frosting in zig zag motion over each bar. Pretty and fantabulously fruity!
·2 1/4 c flour
·1 c crushed walnuts ( you can also use pecans, or almonds etc)
·1 cup granulated sugar
·1 c of softened butter
·3/4 to 1 c of your favorite fruit preserves (i used raspberry for these)
How to Make Raspberry Crumb Bars
- Put everything except the preserves in a large bowl and mix on low speed until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Measure out 2 c of mixture and set aside for later.
- Use the remaining mixture to press into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan coated with non stick cooking spray. (I used my perfect brownie pan for these so mine are thinner than they would be in an 8x8 which is what i always used before i got my brownie pan)
- Bake this in oven at 350 degrees for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it begins to brown slightly on edges.(you can skip this step if you prefer, i do it because it makes a bit crispier crust)
- Remove from oven and spread with your favorite fruit preserves, use remaining crumb mixture to sprinkle over top of preserves.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 35 to 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- If you skipped step 4 you will bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes,or until browned and bubbly.
- Allow to cool and then slice into bars and transfer to decorative plate or tupperware container.