Raisin and Sour Cream Bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 3/4 cquick cooking rolled oats
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1 cpacked brown sugar
1 tspbaking soda
2 csour cream
1 1/4 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Raisin and Sour Cream Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9 x 13 rectangular baking pan with foil, extend foil over edges for clean and easy removal. Lightly spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- For crust, in a large bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking soda. Stir in melted butter until combined.
- Press 3 cups of mixture evenly into baking pan. Bake, uncovered to 15- 18 minutes, or lightly brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium suacepan combine egg yolks, sour cream, raisins, granulated sugar, and cornstarch. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Pour raisin mixure over crust. Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes more or until filling is set and top is lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Using edges of foil lift uncut bars out of pan. cut into bars. (very rich!)And always better the next day.