★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- cocoa powder (or up to 1/3 c if you like them real chocolatey)
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- peanut butter
- 3 c
- quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp
How to Make Quickie Cookies (no-bakes)
- 1Mix the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a strong boil for 1 & 1/2 to 2 & 1/2 minutes NO LONGER.
- 2Add vanilla and peanut butter; stir quickly and thoroughly to melt peanut butter. Add oats and mix quickly...this step must be where the quickie comes from in the title of quickie cookies :-)
- 3Again, quickly pour mixture in a greased dish (13X9) or whatever you have. Press into pan evenly. When cooled, cut into squares.
- 4*Note* My mom dropped spoonfuls on wax paper, but I find it easier to put it all in a dish and let it cool. I think to have enough time to drop by spoonfuls before the mix hardens, I would only boil the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.