These cookies are soft and do not spread. They also are not overly sweet and cream cheese frosting is perfect with these.
They have pumpkin, raisins, and nuts in them.
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1 3/4 ccanned pumpkin
2 3/4 csifted flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 tspground ginger
1 cchopped nuts, we like walnuts or pecans
How to Make Pumpkin Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and shortening, add eggs and pumpkin, mix well.
- Blend flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Add to the pumpkin mixture, mix well.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a pre heated 400° for 12 minutes.
- Cookies may be iced with either a cream cheese frosting or a thin butter icing.