Praline Cookie Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Yep, this is a good one! I love pralines and this one brought back some great memories when my husband would bring me back pralines from his business trips. Ah, memories. The Test Kitchen
1 cbutter, unsalted
2/3 clight brown sugar, packed
2 2/3 call-purpose flour
1/2 cpecans, finely ground
1/2 cbutter, unsalted
1 clight brown sugar, packed
2 Tbspheavy cream
2 cpecans, chopped
1 ccoconut, shredded (optional)
How to Make Praline Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil, letting some hang over the edges.
- For the Crust: Cream 1 cup of butter and brown sugar together. Slowly stir in flour, salt and ground pecans until mixture is crumbly. Press into foil lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Topping: Make topping while crust is baking. Combine butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan. Dissolve ingredients on a medium heat, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer for 1 minute. Add pecans & coconut (0ptional) and remove from heat.
- Pour topping over crust as soon as it is removed from the oven. Spread it out evenly.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until filling is set.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely.
- Use the foil to lift cookie bars out of baking pan.
Remove foil and cut into bars approximately 2" x 2"