Pie Crust Cookies
- double pie crust (homemade or premade)
- 2 c
- sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tbsp
- cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 2 stick
- butter or margarine, softened (whichever you prefer)
- can mix cinnamon/sugar or use premixed
How to Make Pie Crust Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to temp. called for on pie crust recipe or box. Spray cookie sheet lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- 2Bring pie crust to room temperature laid flat. You can also do this on lightly floured wax paper, cut much larger than dough. This helps in rolling and keeps mess down.
- 3On room temp. pie crust spread butter/margarine with spatula up to 1/8 from edge of dough.
- 4Spread sugar onto butter/margarine, try and keep on the butter so dough edge can be sealed.
- 5Sprinkle on cinnamon
- 6Using wax paper roll the dough as tightly as possible into a long log, set aside. DO Not roll the wax paper into the crust. Repeat with second crust if using premade dough. Keep wrapped in wax paper and refrigerate one hour.
- 7Once chilled, unwrap wax paper but keep under log. Seal edges with fingertip dipped in milk. Using thread or unwaxed/unflavored dental floss, slide string under log and cut every 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
- 8Place flat side down onto sprayed cookie sheet. Bake until crispy/flaky and lightly brown, time varies (sometimes it seems to take FOREVER). Cool on sheet, enjoy:)