Pie Crust Cookies
1double pie crust (homemade or premade)
2 csugar (more or less to taste)
2 Tbspcinnamon (more or less to taste)
2 stickbutter or margarine, softened (whichever you prefer)
·can mix cinnamon/sugar or use premixed
How to Make Pie Crust Cookies
- Preheat oven to temp. called for on pie crust recipe or box. Spray cookie sheet lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bring pie crust to room temperature laid flat. You can also do this on lightly floured wax paper, cut much larger than dough. This helps in rolling and keeps mess down.
- On room temp. pie crust spread butter/margarine with spatula up to 1/8 from edge of dough.
- Spread sugar onto butter/margarine, try and keep on the butter so dough edge can be sealed.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon
- Using wax paper roll the dough as tightly as possible into a long log, set aside. DO Not roll the wax paper into the crust. Repeat with second crust if using premade dough. Keep wrapped in wax paper and refrigerate one hour.
- Once chilled, unwrap wax paper but keep under log. Seal edges with fingertip dipped in milk. Using thread or unwaxed/unflavored dental floss, slide string under log and cut every 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
- Place flat side down onto sprayed cookie sheet. Bake until crispy/flaky and lightly brown, time varies (sometimes it seems to take FOREVER). Cool on sheet, enjoy:)