PHILADELPHIA Sugar Cookies
"Photo and recipe provided courtesy of Kraft Food & Family magazine, www.kraftfoods.com. For more information or to sign up for a free subscription, please visit www.kraftfoods.com/magazine."
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 3/4 c
- (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make PHILADELPHIA Sugar Cookies
- 1PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- 2Beat cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3SHAPE, bake and decorate as directed for each variation.
- 4S'MORE SANDWICH COOKIES : Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into 66 cookies, using 2-inch festive cookie cutters. Sprinkle half of the cookies with colored sugar. Place all cookies, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 min. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Spread bottom side of each of the plain cookies with 1 tsp. JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme; cover with remaining sugared cookies, bottom-sides down, to form sandwiches. Drizzle with 2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted. Makes about 2-3/4 doz. or 33 servings, one cookie each. 120 calories, 7g total fat, 4g sturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 0g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 1g protein, 4%DV vitamin A, 0%DV vitamin C, 0% DV calcium, 2% DV iron
- 5MEXICAN WEDDING CRESCENTS : Add 1 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon to dough; mix well. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes; place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 20 min. Cool on baking sheet 1 min. Remove to wire rack; cool 15 min. Dip each cookie into powdered sugar. Drizzle with 2 squares melted BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate. Makes 4 doz. or 24 servings, two cookies each. 190 calories, 13g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 7g sugars, 2g protein, 6%DV vitamin A, 0%DV vitamin C, 0%DV calcium, 4%DV iron