Pfeffernüssen (pepper nuts)
The recipe should make about 175 cookies
Per/cookie Uniced Iced
Cal; 30.6 40.4
Fat; 1.2g. 1.2g
Carbs; 4.4g. 6.8g
Protein; .64g. .68g
5 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspallspice, ground
1 1/2 tspcardamon, ground
1 tspginger ground
1 tspstar anise (ground)
1 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1 calmonds, chopped
1 cbrown sugar
6 Tbspheavy cream
How to Make Pfeffernüssen (pepper nuts)
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and all spices together in a bowl.
- Add chopped almonds to flour and spices.
- Put butter, brown sugar, honey, heavy cream into a heavy bottomed pot on stove top. Heat until butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
- Let butter and sugar mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture and once combined, mix in eggs.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Roll the chilled dough on a lightly floured board (with lightly floured hands) into rolls about 3/4” thick. With a knife cut in roughly 3/4” lengths. Each piece should weigh 9 grams.
- Now roll pieces of dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When they are cool they can be eaten as is, rolled in powdered sugar or coated in royal icing!