Peppermint Stick Butter Cookies
As I come to a time to make any of the other cookies I will post pictures of them and the steps for them..Also it offers you to make your own take on being creative...Which to me is one of the things I love about any form of cooking.
BASIC COOKIE DOUGH
2 3/4 call-purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 c2 sticks of butter ( no substitutions for butter) softened
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extact
PEPPERMINT STICK BUTTER COOKIES
1/4 Tbsppeppermint extract
4 ozdark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips
6pieces of wintergreen star-lite mints crushed
6pieces of peppermint star-lite mints crushed
·green and red food coloring paste,
How to Make Peppermint Stick Butter Cookies
- On waxed paper combine flour salt and baking powder.
- In Large bowl, with mixer on medium,beatsugar and butter 1 minute or till creamy, occasionally scraping sides with rubber spatula.
- Add one egg and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping sides with rubber spatula.
- Divide dough in half; transfer half to another bowl; stir peppermint extract into this half of dough; divide this half into 1/4s again; in 1/4 dough mix green coloring paste. Take red coloring paste and mix red in other 1/4 dough.
- Take plastic wrap and line a 9 by 9 metal baking pan with plastic wrap; with plastic wrap hanging over two sides of metal 9 by 9 pan.
- Take plain dough and pat in to pan covering bottom of 9 by 9 metal baking pan freeze 10 minutes; after 10 minutes take green colored dough and press and pat onto half of the top of plain dough; repeat with red dough. Freeze again for ten minutes
- Lift dough out of pan using plastic wrap that is over lapping sides; cut dough in 1/3's ; one 1/3 all green; second 1/3 all red; and middle 1/3 is half green one half red.
- Cut each third crosswise in 3/8 strips. Twist each strip and place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven for 11 to 13 minutes or golden brown on bottom. remove to wire rack for cooling; repeat
- Take cookies and dip one end tip in either white or dark chocolate that has been melted; then dip into either crushed peppermint or winter-green star-lite mints; refrigerate 15 minutes till set.
- Store cookies in in tightly sealed container between waxed paper at room temperature up two one week or for three months in freezer.....Enjoy..Seasons Greetings..Merry Christmas..To All..