Peanut Butter Fudge Bars ala Taste of Home
1 pkgyellow cake mix
1 cpeanut butter, creamy
1/2 ccanola oil
1 can(s)(14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 c(6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge Bars ala Taste of Home
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk, chocolate chips and butter over low heat; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
- Editor's Note: Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.