ORIGINAL OATMEAL COOKIE
Photo by: quakeroats.com
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3 cquaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make ORIGINAL OATMEAL COOKIE
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, shortening, and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine oats, flour, salt and baking soda in a separate large bowl. Add to the sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- To keep cookies fresh, put an apple slice or two in container. Be sure to change the apple slices daily to prevent mold. Or a slice of bread works just as well if you don't have apples.