Orange Cream Cheese Cookies (Wash boards)
Every once in awhile before I bake these cookies I will sprinkle cookie candies on the top. The chocolate ones are a really good compliment with the orange flavor.
How to Make Orange Cream Cheese Cookies (Wash boards)
- Combine the butter and cream cheese and beat until creamy , gradually add the sugar , beating until the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the egg , orange peel and juice until thoroughly creamed together.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and mix with the creamed mixture until all blended together.
- Put the plate with the narrow slit ( ribbon one ) on your cookie press and fill the press with 1/4 th of the dough at a time. Press rows with strips of dough on an un-greased cookie sheet ; keeping each row 1" apart from each other.
- Take a knife and make crease marks in the strips in 2" lengths.
- Bake @ 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned , remove from the oven and Immediately cut the strips into sections at the crease marks. Remove cookies to a wire rack and let cool.