Ooey-Gooey Turtle Bars
- roll (16.5 oz) pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 c
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1 jar(s)
- 12.25 oz caramel ice cream topping
- 1 c
- graham crackers, crumbs (16 squares)
How to Make Ooey-Gooey Turtle Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan) Press cookies dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9 - inch pan.
- 2Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of pecans over dough' lightly press into dough. Set aside.
- 3In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar, caramel topping and graham cracker crumbs. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Pour over crust in pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans.
- 4Bake 25 to 32 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and pecans are lightly toasted. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes; loosen sides from pan, but do not cut. Cool completely, about 3 hours longer. (For firmer bars, let stand an additional 2 hours.). For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.