Old Fashioned Molasses Thumbprint Cookies
These were always in the cookie jar. When I was little my mom and I would visit her and as soon as we got there- I would go right to her pantry and stand in front of the cookie jar until she came looking for me and would give me a cookie. I can still taste the delicious molasses and sugar on my tongue. Great memories; tasty too!
- 2/3 c
- crisco oil
- 1/3 c
- dark molasses
- 1 large
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- each cloves and ginger
- 1 tsp
- each of cinnamon,allspice and nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 - 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar and raspberry jam
How to Make Old Fashioned Molasses Thumbprint Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 375^.
Combine oil, molasses, egg and sugar in a large mixer bowl. Beat well to combine on medium speed.
- 2Blend together 2 cups of flour and remaining ingredients, then add slowly a little at a time to the molasses mixture. If more flour is needed in order to roll into balls add and mix in now.
- 3Roll in balls and place on lightly sprayed cookie sheets. Press down with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar then make a small depression in the center of each cookie with a honey spool or your thumb.
- 4Fill cookie depression with jam of choice -I like raspberry .
Bake in a 350^ oven for 8-10 minutes. Leave cookies on sheet for 1 minute until set. Remove to wire rack or paper to cool completely.