- 2-1/4 c
- oats, uncooked
- 1 c
- butter, melted
- 1-1/2 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp
How to Make Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2The evening before you are going to make the cookies combine the oatmeal, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Let stand overnight so that the oats absorb the butter.
- 3The next day add the salt, flour, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- 4Drop by 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoonful 2-3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- 5Bake until lightly golden brown. This will vary with your oven and will take from 6-9 minutes.
- 6Cool on cookie sheet for 2 - 3 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- 7These cookies spread when baking. You may want to experiment with the size.