2-1/4 coats, uncooked
1 cbutter, melted
1-1/2 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1egg, slightly beaten
How to Make Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- The evening before you are going to make the cookies combine the oatmeal, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Let stand overnight so that the oats absorb the butter.
- The next day add the salt, flour, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoonful 2-3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden brown. This will vary with your oven and will take from 6-9 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 - 3 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- These cookies spread when baking. You may want to experiment with the size.