Not Your Mama's Cookies!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The perfect sweet & salty flavor combo! We loved these cookies... and think you will too. The Test Kitchen
2 ccake flour
1 3/4 cbread flour
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 1/2 stickbutter, room temperature ( not margarine)
1 1/4 clight brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 csugar
2eggs, large, room temperature
5 ozghiradelli dark chocolate (60 - 80% cacao) squares ( or one bag )
5 ozreese's peanut butter chips (half a bag)
·mini pretzel sticks
How to Make Not Your Mama's Cookies!
- Allow butter and eggs to come to room temp. I usually take them out about 2 hours before I'm ready to use.
Chop chocolate squares into rough chunks, set aside.
Mix dry ingredients (flours, baking soda/powder and salt) together and set aside
- In mixer, cream together sugars and butter for about 5 minutes, until they are light and super creamy. (seems like a long time, but this is worth it) Add eggs one at a time and blend after each addition until well mixed. Stir in vanilla.
Switch mixer to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients just until mixed in.
Fold in the chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips. (Walnuts or almonds or pecans would be awesome in this!! I couldn't add any bc no one in my family likes them, except me)
- At this point, this is where the willpower comes in!! Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of batter and then place another piece of wrap over the top of bowl and refrigerate for 36-72 hours!!!! I know, I know. But this step is well worth it. It gives all of the flavors time to "marinate" and get to know one another. The cookies are rich and so flavorful. It adds caramel notes of flavor because of the butter and brown sugar...... yum, I'm drooling lol
- Finally, the day is here and you can bake them!!
Preheat oven to 350*
**During cooking process, keep the batter in the fridge to keep cold and always use a COLD baking sheet.
Line baking pan with parchment paper.
Break pretzel sticks. I broke mine into half and then half again. But it's up to you and it depends on the size of your sticks. You don't want them too small, bc you want to be able to taste them.
Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out dough. If it is too hard, run the scoop/spoon under hot water for a second. Shape dough into ball and place on prepared cookie sheet. Don't crowd the cookies, bc they do spread.
Take your broken pretzels and stick them in the ball at random places. I used 4-5 pieces in each cookie. (you add the pretzel pieces now instead of when you make the batter, bc you don't want them to get mushy and still have a crunch)
Sprinkle sea salt on the top of each cookie (this just takes the cookie up up and away!!)
- Place cookies into oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Check on them at 15 minutes. Mine took all of the 20 minutes to cook. Let cool for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling......if you can wait, lol
Finally you can enjoy the best cookie you've ever tasted! Try not to burn your mouth on the hot cookie!!