New Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
I made these cookies for my family and we all enjoyed them- especially me because I'm a bacon nut! Got to have my bacon fix!
- 1 c
- butter, softened -no substitute
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 1/3 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 c
- peanut brittle, cracked into 1/4 inch pieces-or candy brittle bits
- 1 c
- crispy cooked , finely chopped bacon-more or less
- 1/2 cup of crushed , some whole peanuts may be used in place of the peanut brittle, if desired.
How to Make New Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 350^.Prepare parchment lined cookie sheets;set aside.
Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- 2In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients one cup at a time to the butter mixture, scraping the bowl as needed. Stir in peanut brittle and Bacon. (I used only 1 cup bacon -it was plenty)
- 3Roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand to about 1-inch in diameter or use the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
Bake about 15 minutes or until the edges begin to lightly brown.
(I baked mine about 10-12 minutes) Leave on tray to cool 5 minutes , before removing to paper (I use paper grocery bags)to absorb some of the bacon grease.
Store in an airtight container for soft cookie, up to one week; or uncovered for crisper cookie.(I like crisper) didn't last one day at my house!