Never Be Naked Bars
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 3/4 c
- (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 2 large
- 1 tsp
- 1 bag(s)
- (10-12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag(s)
- (4-8 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 can(s)
- (7 oz. approximately) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2-1 c
- peanut butter
- 1/4-1/2 bottle
- caramel syrup (22 oz. bottle)
How to Make Never Be Naked Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350-375 and grease/butter/spray 9x13 baking dish.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt by either sifting together or gently stirring. Set aside.
- 3Mix together sugar, brown sugar, softened butter and vanilla until combined. (I use a large, flat, sturdy spoon. Wooden or metal each work fine. Electric mixer can be used.)
- 4Add two eggs and mix until smooth and creamy.
- 5Add flour in either three or four increments. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- 6Fold in chocolate chips.
- 7Pour half cookie mixture into lubed up pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 8While cookie mixture is baking, mix together sweetened condensed milk, caramel and peanut butter. (Sauce measurements can and should be adjusted to your taste.)
- 9After 8-10 minutes, pull cookies from oven. Pour over sauce. Add remaining half of cookie batter by dropping and lightly spreading.
- 11After final cooking time, pull from oven and let set up for a couple minutes before running either a sharp, thin-blade knife or metal spatula around all sides to make sure bars are not stuck anywhere. These bars are sticky and cutting can get tricky. Cut with knife or metal spatula. I cut mine with a thin metal grilling spatula, just pressing straight down to make the bars. You will have to wipe the cutting utensil after a couple cuts. (But that's good news. Those are your treats. Lol.)