My Favorite sugar cookie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 1/4 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1egg white (optional)
How to Make My Favorite sugar cookie
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into a ball and wrap with waxed paper. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until easy to handle.
- Roll out half of the dough at a time on a lightly floured surface. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated. For crisp cookies, roll paper thin. For softer cookies, roll 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into various shapes. Re-roll dough trimmings and continue to cut shapes.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. To glaze, brush tops of cookies with heavy or whipping cream or with an egg white slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Sprinkle cookies with your choice of toppings; bake 8 minutes or until very light brown in a preheated 350 degree oven. Remove cookies and cool completely.