Mrs. Hamilton's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cbutter, cut int pieces
1 clight brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tspvanilla
1/4 csour cream
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 pkgchocolate chunks or chips
1 cpecans, in pieces (optional)
How to Make Mrs. Hamilton's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, cream together softened butter and sugars on low speed. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix just until incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Use a 1/4 cup measure or large ice cream scoop and fill to heaping. Scoop dough out and roll into ball. Place 6 balls of dough, 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Place cookie sheets on two center oven racks. Bake 16 - 18 minutes, switching cookie sheet from top to bottom and turn each cookie sheet 180 degrees half-way through baking time. (Move top cookie sheet to bottom, move bottom cookie sheet to top AND turn each cookie sheet so the front edge [nearest the oven door] of the sheet is turned to the back of the oven.)
- Cool cookies for 2 minutes on sheet; move to cooling rack to cool completely.