1/4 cinstant coffee powder or granules
1 Tbspboiling water
1 stick(1/2 cup) plus 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 cpacked brown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cpecans, chopped
1 c(6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Mocha-Pecan Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line with parchment, a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Dissolve coffee powder in water (mixture will be thick).
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with and electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and coffee mixture.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan. Bake 40 - 45 minutes until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut crosswise in 8 even strips. Cut strips in thirds.