Midnight Pumpkin Patch Cookies
However, as I was testing the cookies I had an epiphany!!!! How fabulous would these be with dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, blueberries, etc) as well! Of course then we get into varying the cake mix (carrot, spice, etc)!!! The possibilities are endless and I love recipes like this!
- 1 box triple chocolate fudge cake mix/dark chocolate mix (try other cake flavors)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkim puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (sub some of the chips for dried fruit)
How to Make Midnight Pumpkin Patch Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- 3In a small bowl, combine butter and pumpkin puree until well mixed. Add to the dried cake mixture bowl. Add water and egg and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and beat in. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 4With a large spoon, scoop mounds of cookie dough onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minuntes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, transfer to cooling rack.