☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4egg whites, at room temperatures
1/4 tspcider vinegar
1/2 tspclear vanilla extract
1 1/3 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspsprinkles + additional for topping
How to Make Meringue Star Cookies
- Preheat oven to 250*. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until frothy. Add salt, vinegar, and vanilla; beat at medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until sugar is nearly dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in 2 tablespoons of sprinkle. Place mixture in decorating bag fitted with tip 1M; pipe meringue stars 1 inch apart onto prepared sheets. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles.
- Place both sheets in oven on separate racks. Bake 45 minutes. Turn off oven; let meringues dry in oven with door closed for 2 hours. Transfer meringues to cooling grids; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.